GLMS Merchandising Services
At GLMS Cards we have the expertise and skills to advise the retailer
on delivering a unique and compelling assortment.
Our Bespoke lntegrated Planning Service, the leading alternative
You retain full control.
Your choice of suppliers.
Your choice of ranges.
Relationships maintained with
Displays designed and installed.
Our service focuses on sales and stock optimisation. Typically, GLMS
- Analyse the historical data and the compare it to
expectations of store performance when benchmarked against similar stores (and
other stores in the chain if any).
- Plan monthly sales and markdown budgets (using expenses, cashflow and
required return as primary guidleines). This takes into
account the seasonal nature of the merchandise.
- Plan an "open to buy" (OTB) budget, again using the parameters
- Suggest a merchandise "buy" across a number of dimensions for
each month. These are typically dictated by the store profile but
tend to always include the following:
- Type of merchandise (consumable, non-consumables,
gifts, novelty items, consignment stock, etc.)
- Price point.
- Initial range selection together with retailer.
- Stock and sales plan for an initial period, usually 6 months.
- Display selection, design and in-store placement.
- Pictorial plan-o-grams of the stock for both optimal sales
and easy management by store staff.
- Sales monitoring.
- Sales reports across a number of metrics - range, size,
- Suggested replenishment orders.
We have a number of smaller retailers who sucessfully use this
service to optimise their sales and stock, as well as to ensure that the
range offered in their store is correct.
This service is not
limited to retailers who stock GLMS merchandise exclusively. We are able
to offer planning services across suppliers and different merchandise